Pic(k) of the week 28: India is calling...

My recent 2010 Incredible India photo-trip, has really left a big impression on me... Yesterday I spend most of the afternoon browsing through some of my favorite travel photographer websites, concentrating on work from the Subcontinent. High on the list is Ami Vitale, a US photojournalist working for National Geography, Geo, Newsweek and many more top class magazines. Those of you that don't know Ami, should really check out her work and especially watch her Indian Culture video "Mirages"!  This was her first attempt of shooting video with a DSLR...
Feeling the urge to go back to India, I found a small batch of un-processed images shot in Jaipur on my latest trip to India a few months ago. 

The one that stood out was an image of this man walking home after completing some shopping in Jaipur, Rajasthan. The complimentary colors (blue and orange) in the shopping bag and the background, make for a pleasing image.

Image details:
Nikon D700, 70-200 2.8. VR2
ISO640, f2.8, 200mm, 1/200s
RAW developed in Lightroom 3
Contrast adjusted with Nik ColorEfex

Click below for more of my Incredible India 2010 images:

Expect another blogpost about my latest trip to Tunisia, in the next 48hrs.

Till then
click that shutter,



Comments