Pic(k) of the week 48: Hard night in Madrid?

Once in a while a bunch of images do not get processed straight away. This was the case with a group of photographs I made on a brief visit to Madrid, Spain over a month ago...

As often is the case, while shooting, I felt that a lot of them would be turned into Black and Whites. Using the dark blue sky with a red or orange filter (using Silver Efex Pro) I feel like Ansel Adams! Click here to view my Madrid images.

Hard night in Madrid? Plaza Esapgna
My Pic(k) of the week above, of three sleeping guys, was secretly shot in a park near Plaza Espagna, Madrid. I believe that the harsh contrast between the dark shadows and the bright sunlight breaking through the tree branches, makes for a nice Black & White photograph.

Just as I framed a third image of the scene, the center guy woke up and did not look happy!
Time to move on...

Not sure if they really were recovering from a hangover, but it kind of felt like it to me!

Image details:

Nikon D700 with Nikkor 14-24mm 2.8
ISO 200, 24mm, f8, 1/200s
RAW processed with Lightroom 3
Black and White conversion with Silver Efex Pro


Click that shutter,
BJORN
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Comments