2011 Pic(k) of the week 1: Lonely mosque

As promised I'm continuing my Pic(k) of the week series in 2011. During the first week of the year, my brother in law, a brand new DSLR photographer and fellow Nikonian (D90), was over on a visit with his spouse. I really enjoyed teaching him the basics of night and landscape photography and introduced him to Lightroom 3 post-processing. It kind of felt like a one on one photography workshop. At some stage, I would love to do this more frequently! 


One of the last outdoor trips we took was to the Hatta pools area. This is a mountainous area about 1hr30 from Dubai, where one finds multiple natural water pools. Unfortunately the more popular pools are often full of garbage. Common for the region, "some" people tend to think that they can just leave garbage behind and nature will take care of it... You should all be ashamed!


2011 Pic(k) of the week 1: Lonely mosque
Off the beaten track, we did however also spend time at relatively clean places. Deeply hidden into the mountains, we were surprised to find this beautiful lonely mosque. A good start of a new photography year!


Image details:
Nikon D700, Nikkor 24-70 2.8
ISO 200, f5, 5 shot shutter speed bracketing (-2EV,-1EV,0EV,+1EV,+2EV)
Nik Software HDR Efex Pro


Those of you following this blog, know I've been using Photomatix Pro for my HDR (High Dynamic Range) images for a long time. After I heard very good things about the new HDR Efex Pro from Nik Software, I decided to give it a go and was pleasantly surprised. Time will tell, if it will replace the trusty Photomatix...


More of the Hatta images will be uploaded here.


Happy shooting,
BJORN


Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter



Comments

Alain said…
Bedankt voor de "prive" lessen, heb ervan genoten en veel bijgeleerd.

Merci, Alain.