Pic(k) of the week 34: Gare de Nice ville

Old train stations make for great photography subjects... One of them is the "Gare de Nice ville" at the French Cote d'Azur, which was completed in 1867 and has remained pretty much in it original condition. I passed through the station on my way to the worlds second smallest country (1.98 sqkm), Monaco. Some of the images of Monaco, the most densely populated country in the world, can be found here.

2011 Pic(k) of the week 34: Gare de Nice Ville
The steel rusty pillars make for an interesting HDR (High Dynamic Range) subject. 


Image details:
Nikon D700 with Nikkor 24-70mm 2.8
ISO200, 50mm, f7.1, 1/80s
RAW development with LR3
Single RAW file HDR processing with Photomatix 4
Nik ColorEfex for contrast adjustment

I've now been asked multiple times what my preferred HDR software is. To be honest I also have a hard time choosing between my two favorites; Photomatix 4 and Nik Software HDR Efex Pro. I personally feel like both of them have a place in my HDR workflow. Sometimes I just try both and go with the best result! 

If interested in HDR photography make sure you check out the latest book by Rafael Concepcion, "The HDR book", a practical approach to the HDR workflow.

Remember when photographing a subject, the first few pictures you take, the best ones you make!

BJORN

Follow me on:



Comments