Pic(k) of the week 13: My Dubai skyline

This year is my tenth year in Dubai. One of the best ways to see how the city has evolved in the last decennium is from a distant away.
  
A great place to shoot this exciting skyline is from the "Creek extension" next to the Al Khail road. It was fellow Dubai photographer Catalin from the great Momentaryawe blog, who first published images from this spot. 

2012 Pic(k) of the week 13: My city skyline

My Dubai skyline image above was shot 20 mins after sunset. Even though not perfect, I  picked a day with some clouds in the sky.

Image details:
Nikon D700 with Nikkor 14-24mm 2.8
ISO 200, 19mm, f 5.6,  Shutter speed 5 shot HDR
RAW development in Lightroom 4
Photomatix for HDR
Nik ColorEfex 4 for optimum contrast


I can't wait to shoot a similar shot with the brandnew 36.3 MP Nikon D800 which I have on pre-order. Yes, I'm eagerly waiting for it to be shipped!

More of my Dubai architectural work can be found here

Also, if interested in doing similar work yourself, make sure you check out Catalin's 2 day workshop; "Shooting with post-production in mind" end of April. 

Happy shooting,

BJORN
Follow me on:





Comments