Driving road F208 in ICELAND

As I am preparing for tomorrows flight to New York, it looks like we will be crossing right over the top of the "Land of Fire and Ice" during the +13hour flight from Dubai.

F208 road South of Landmannalaugar

During my latest photo-adventure to Iceland, I shot some video footage with a GoPro Hero 2 attached to my 4x4. After a few months, I finally managed to edit it into a 4min clip.


The video above is of the drive along the F208 starting deep inside the Icelandic Highlands, through Landmannalaugar to the Southern coastline. For the best viewing experience, make sure that you select 1080p in the box on the lower right and view it full screen, preferably on a large screen.

One of the many river crossings near Landmannalaugar

Driving the F208 is one of the most scenic drives I have ever taken. Due to the terrain and a dozen or so river fords to be crossed, a 4x4 car is a must! 

Remember, "if you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there" - George Harrison




Comments