Pic(k) of the week 52: Cloudy skies over Dubai

As most of you know, clear blue skies are not ideal for landscape photography. Spectacular cloud formations are rare in Dubai and once they do form, it gets the attention of most outdoor photographers!

This is exactly why I was up before the crack of dawn to shoot the Dubai skyline at my favourite location near Business Bay. I was however disappointed that the strong wind spoiled the expected reflections in the water… 

Because of this, I immediately started seeing in Black and White and more particular in an Ansel Adams style. High contrast skies like the famous landscape photographer shot so many times in Yosemite and other US National Parks. 

2013 Pic(k) of the week 52: Cloudy skies over Dubai

Image details:
Nikon D800 with 14-24mm 2.8 Nikkor lens
ISO 100, 16mm, f16, 10s
RAW development in Lightroom 5.3 
Nik SilverEfex for Black and White conversion

More of my Dubai Skyline images can be found here

Next week is the third anniversary of my Pic(k) of the week series. What started in 2010 as an experiment, has turned into a very popular item of the Bjorn Moerman Photography blog. The blog is doing well lately, with already more than 15.000 views in the month of December!

It's hard to believe that yet another year is almost over again! As previous years, I'll be blogging my best 2013 images somewhere in the beginning of new year.



Remember: "There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs" - Ansel Adams

See you at the other side!

BJORN



Comments