Pic(k) of the week 19: NEW YORK - Subway train 5012

NEW YORK city remains my favourite Global Street Photography place. Having a great street photography camera like the new Fujifilm X-Pro2 with you, makes that even all that more enjoyable! 

Although I do use the EVF (Electronic Viewfinder) for the large majority of the shots, there is definitively a place for using an OVF (Optical Viewfinder) for those shots where you want to have a wider view outside the frame. Photographing on a busy subway, where one wants to see the people coming into and exiting the frame, is a great example of that.

While classic Street Photography is mostly Black and White, I must say that I do enjoy shooting Color more and more; especially the great Fujifilm "Classic Chrome" film simulation! 






Image details:
Fujifilm X-Pro2 with the XF 35mm f2 R WR lens
ISO 6400, f4.0, 1/125s
No image editing beside a small crop, Straight Out Of Camera (SOOC)

As I start doing more and more Street Photography, my best work can now be found in one of two galleries:


Remember: "If you can smell the street by looking at a photo, it is a Street Photograph" - Bruce Gilden


BJORN

Comments