Pic(k) of the week 34: FINE-ART DESERTSCAPE - (Large Fujifilm X-T2 Prints)

When I first started using the word "Desertscape" several years ago, to describe the type of landscape photography I often do in the desert, I didn't realise it was kind of an official word... A quick look in an online dictionary tells me it is a "scenic view of the desert". 

Scenic is definitively not an understatement, if one wants to describe the spectacular images one can make in the desert East of Dubai. Often combining interesting patterns and shapes, it is one of my favourite forms of landscape photography.  

I normally see these desertscapes as a vivid color landscape image, I've been trying to come up with some interesting "fine-art black and white" photographs.  Although off-road driving is great fun, images can also be made along the public roads; a prime example being the one below!



Image details:
Fujifilm X-T2 with the XF16-55 f2.8 lens
ISO 800, f13, 1/160s, 42mm (63mm full frame equivalent)
RAW conversion in Lightroom CC
Nik SilverEfex 2 for Black and White conversion

In order to test the print quality of the new sensor used on the Fujifilm X-T2  and X-Pro2 cameras (review X-T2, review X-Pro2), I ended up making a 120cm (48inch) wide dibond print (special print on aluminium). The result looks absolutely amazing! 

More of my Desertscapes can be found here.

Remember: "Twelve significant images in a  year, is a good crop" - Ansel Adams


BJORN



Comments