Pic(k) of the week 16: Pinocchio on a bike

I am the first to admit that there is often a portion of luck involved with photography; especially when doing Street Photography where one has very limited control on what is about the happen! 

The other day I was out with my recently purchased XF50mm f2 lens; yes, X-photogrpahers don't get there gear for free! Although a 50mm lens on a cropped sensor camera (75mm full frame equivalent) might be considered a bit long for Street photography, I love to use it as my "across the street" lens where I can't get closer to my subject. 

In the image below I was experimenting with slightly longer shutter speeds to show motion on the street. People passing on bikes are perfect subjects for this! 

The first image I took, turned out to be the best one. Still not entirely sure why, the nose of the guy passing by looks completely out of proportion and immediately reminded me of Pinocchio; a fictive character featured in a 1940's Disney movie. The heart in the background makes it even more interesting. 

If somebody can explain, why only the nose seems extended, I would like to hear it in the comments below.    


Image details:
  • Fujifilm X-T2 with the XF50mm f2 lens
  • ISO 250, f7.1, 1/50s
  • RAW development in Lightroom CC (latest update)

More of my Colour Street Photography can be found here.

Remember: "It is not the photographer takes makes the picture, but the person being photographed". Sebastiao Salgado


BJORN




Comments